You might have heard the word “comedogenic”, but do you want to know what this term exactly means? So, the term has gained popularity in recent years as it acts as a buzzword in skin care and beauty worlds. So it basically means tending to open pores and encourages the formation of pimples and blackheads. People usually tend to find products which are non-comedogenic or has a rating of 0 to 1 as they are safe for your skin.
We have a comedogenic rating of 0 to 5 for all the products. The non-comedogenic product is the best and safest for your skin, but it depends totally on your skin type.
So a rating of 2 means that it’s possible that the product can clog your pores, a rating of 3 means the ingredient is more likely to clog your pores so the safest rating is zero 0 or hardly 1.
The comedogenic rating
It’s better to know about the comedogenic rating as of which rating is safe for your skin type or to know better which product should not be used so we have a range of ratings between 0-5.
- Comedogenic Rating 0: The product which has a comedogenic rating of 0 is commonly known as a non-comedogenic product. And as the rating is 0 its safe for all skin type.
- Comedogenic Rating 1: The product which has a comedogenic rating of 1 is not so safe for every skin type but can be used.
- Comedogenic Rating 2: The product which has a comedogenic rating of 2 is not safe for skin it can clog your pores and cause pimples and blackheads. Causing damage to your skin but it depends on your skin type
- Comedogenic Rating 3: The product which has a comedogenic rating of 3 is not at all safe but again here it totally depends upon your skin type there are people whose skin can tolerate this rating.
- Comedogenic Rating 4: The product with the rating of 4 will cause damage to your skin by clogging the pores causing pimples and blackheads can be suitable for some
- Comedogenic Rating 5: The product with a comedogenic rating of 5 will cause a pimple and blackhead and damage your skin. As it is the highest rating and beauty products don’t use this high comedogenic rating.
Thus, to summarise
0- won’t clog pores at all
1-very low likelihood of clogging pores
2-moderately low likelihood of clogging pores
3- The moderate likelihood of clogging pores
4-fairly high likelihood of clogging pores
5-very high likelihood of clogging pores
Argan oil is a non-comedogenic oil with the rating of 0 which means it’s one of the safest oil with many beauty enhancing abilities. The argan oil is extracted from the kernel of the argan tree. Argan trees have their origin from Morocco. The Argan trees live for 150 to 200 years in the semi-desert region of Morocco. The trees bear fruits which are rich in oil.
The thick skin of the fruits is removed along with fleshy pulp and the nuts are broken to release the kernels and then they are cold pressed to extract the oil. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E and minerals. So it has a lot of benefits for your skin. The use of Argan oil reduces fine lines and scars. Argan oil is light in weight so it doesn’t feel irritating when applied to the skin.
Argan oil contains:
- Linoleic acid
- Oleic acid
- Vitamin E
- Ferulic acid
Argan oil regulates the production of sebum which helps prevent breakouts. And its vitamin E content helps to fade scars and smoothens your skin texture. Argan oil is suitable for all skin types.
Benefits of argan oil:
Argan oil has a lot of benefits from hair to your skin to your nails. It is known as an age-old beauty secret.
- Skin moisturizer: Argan oil is most commonly used as a skin moisturizer. As argan oil keeps your skin hydrated and soft. Argan oil is not so thick so it doesn’t cause irritation.
- Anti-aging: Argan oil not only keeps your skin hydrated but also has the power of anti-aging as it can remove the wrinkles and fine lines and give you a youthfully younger looking skin.
- Dry skin condition: Dry skin or conditions of eczema or itchy skin all this skin dryness problem can be treated with argan oil as it can keep your skin hydrated and moisturize
- Acne: Acne is the result of oily skin and here argan oil can help u cure your acne as it is an oil which has no grease
- Protection and healing: The argan oil has got great healing power as many skin problems can be healed by argan oil.
- Pregnancy: Argan oil acts as an ideal saver for all the women out there as it helps you out with stretch marks.
- Foot, hand and nail treatments: For dry hands cracked feet and chipped nails, Argan oil is the ideal choice
- Lip moisturizer: Argan oil keeps the skin soft as it has the hydrating power. So, it can be used as a lip moisturizer during winters usually.
- Hair conditioner: Argan oil can make your hair silkier shiner and soft.
- Sleek and shine styling: Argan oil can be used as a protectant to your hair. So, before using any of the styling or heat products apply Argan oil.
Argan oil acts as a miracle and can change the way you live your life. With this oil, your skin and hair will take a form you might have never seen before. Some factors like the price might deter you, but you shouldn’t stray away from your goal and stick to what you want to do. This product will help you become more beautiful than what you are right now.