An ingredient which is present in many products but you still have no idea. To begin with, Argan Oil or “liquid gold” is a type of skin oil. It is an organic product extracted from the kernels of the Argan tree, which is native to Morocco. The thing about skin oils is that every skin oil has a different formulation, weight, and absorption rate, making some better suited for certain skin types and concerns than others.
Some oils have a heavy composition and some have lighter ones. Argan Oil, however, falls in the middle of these two extremes, it’s not too heavy, not too light- making it perfect to use on all skin types. It’s packed with omega fatty acids, vitamin E, and linoleic acids, all of which work to lightly moisturize your skin, soften dry patches and reduce acne.
Does Argan Oil Help In Skin Breakouts?
Another very important thing about Argan oil is that it helps in breakouts. Oil on oily skin can sometimes be a good thing. Often skin breakouts happen not because you have naturally oily skin but because your skin barrier is damaged, dry or inflamed due to harsh products. Your damaged skin barrier then compensate for the damage by producing more oil which results in pores clogging and breakouts.
Argan oil, however, can break this chain, it has vitamin E in it which acts as a major anti-inflammatory for the red and reactive skin. Also, it helps control your skin’s oil production by balancing out your sebum levels and hence results in lesser breakouts and skin problems.
Now you must be thinking, won’t oils clog pores? To answer that, anything can clog skin pores if your skin has a natural sensitivity to certain things but unlike other heavy oils like coconut oil, which has a high comedogenicity- a fancy term for “pores- clogging”, Argan oils are on the lesser risk side of the spectrum. In fact, Argan oil has zero comedogenicity.
Does Argan Oil Help In Moisturizing Your Skin?
Basically oils are not moisturizers but they act as a barrier to trap moisture in your skin and Argan oil is light and it gets absorbed in your skin leaving a slight sheen on your face and not a bad oil slick but if you don’t want a shine on your face then I suggest you use it at night. Although you’ll probably have a few oil stains on your pillowcase the results would be totally worth it!
What Are The Uses Of Argan Oil?
There are many benefits that you will derive from using Argan oil. Some of them are the following:-
- It helps to moisturize your skin from the roots.
- And acts as a hair conditioner, making your hair silkier, softer, tames fizziness and cures split ends.
- Also, it has anti-aging properties as it gives your skin a youthful glow and reduces wrinkles.
- Dry skin conditions can be treated by Argan oil as it moisturizes your skin making it softer without any harsh effects or pain.
- It helps with acne problems as it is light on the skin and it has anti-oxidants with help in the healing of damaged skin cells.
- The unwanted stretch marks you get while pregnancy can be avoided using Argan oil as it increases the elasticity of your skin.
- Foot, hands and nails treatment. Argan oil’s softening properties are ideal for brittle nails, dry hands and cracked, hard skin on feet.
- It also acts as a lip
- Even men can benefit from Argan oil as it soothes you after shave skin rash, bumps and inflammation, preventing the skin from scarring.
How To Use Argan Oil?
Unlike other skin products which are time-consuming to use, Argan oil is way simpler and easy to use. All you need to do is pour two drops of Argan oil on your palms and massage it gently on your face with gentle strokes. You can use it twice a day for best results. There are no complicated steps that you need to follow as it is a natural way out.
Argan Oil vs Other Skin Products?
Now, why should you use Argan oil and not the other skin products that are available in the market? Here are some points as to why Argan oil is a better option than other products.
- Unlike other skin products, Argan oil has no side effect if you’re not specifically allergic to it.
- It is not harsh on your skin.
- Also does not needs a long application process and is easy to use.
- It is completely natural.
Now, you see why Argan oil so good for your skin? Now you know what Argan oil is when you read a product’s content and what it’s used for.
So what are you waiting for? Go grab your bottle now and see the result yourself. Your glowing, acne & oil-free skin is just a bottle away.