Comedogenic basically means tending to clog pores and encourage the formation of blackheads.the product that has comedogen in it then that product may cause a pimple and opens pores. Basically, people try to find a noncomedogenic product to keep their skin safe.
Comedogenic rating: a comedogenic rating is a scale from 0-5 that tell you the likelihood of an ingredient clogging your pores. A rating of 2 means that it’s possible that the product can clog your pores, a rating of 3 means the ingredient is more likely to clog your pores so the safest rating is zero 0 or hardly 1.
The Comedogenic Rating
An oil that has a comedogenic rating 0 is widely believed to be noncomedogenic and will not clog your pores. Non-comedogenic oils are oils that do not clog pores and have a comedogenic rating of 0-2 not more than that.
- A rating of 1: the rating of 1 means that it is less likely to clog your pores
- A rating of 2: a rating of two means its safe but here it depends upon the skin type it might or it might not
- A rating of 3: a comedogenic rating of 3 means a lot of people might breakout but again there might be people who don’t get affected but it hole and solely depend upon the skin type
- A rating of 4: the comedogenic rating of 4 most likely for a breakout but here the people who have good tolerance level skin won’t be affected
- A rating of 5: the comedogenic rating of 5 has a guaranteed chance of a breakout here there are very rare people who won’t be affected by the rating of 5 and yes there are products in the market which has a comedogenic rating of 5.
- 0- won’t clog pores at all
- 1- very low likelihood of clogging pores
- 2 -moderately low likelihood
- 3 – the moderate likelihood
- 4 -fairly high likelihood
- 5 -high likelihood
Organic Avocado Oil:
- Avocado oil has its origin from Mexico. it is an edible oil pressed from the avocado fruit. The scientific name of avocado is Persea Americana. avocado oil has its comedogenic rating of 3 which means it has high chances of a breakout. It has a mild nutty smell. The color of the organic avocado oil light to dark green .avocado oil is thick and very oily. The shelf life of avocado oil is 1 year not more than that. Avocado oil is has got some great benefits for skin it suits dry skin, sensitive skin, combination skin, and aging skin. It helps to overcome the skin problem such as eczema, psoriasis, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- This oil is safe for external use only during pregnancy
- Avocado oil has fatty acid snapshot such as oleic acid -65%, linoleic acid-15%, palmitic acid-15% palmitoleic acid -05%, linolenic acid -8%, stearic acid -1% and the other major compounds are vitamin E, vitamin C, Phytosterols
- Organic avocado oil is a rich, thick, luxurious skin care oil capable of penetrating into the deepest layer of skin. Avocado oil helps stimulate cell growth, diminishing pore skin and increasing the production of collagen. Avocado oil has the ability to heal scars and diminish age spots due to its high content of plant steroids. The constant use of avocado oil on your skin can deeply nourish, improve skin tone and moisture levels. The only downflow of avocado oil is its heaviness and the high rating of 3. So for a person to use avocado oil first time without causing any damage the person should introduce organic avocado oil so that your skin can tolerate it.
Benefits Of Using Avocado Oil:
- Calms itchy skin
- Heals chapped skin
- Replenishes dry skin
- Hydrates and moisturizes the skin
- Shields skin from ultraviolet radiation
- Protects from skin damage
How To Use Avocado Oil:
- As a lotion: avocado oil is used as a lotion for chapped skin massage a good amount of avocado oil into your skin after you bathe.you can use it as itself or add it to your body lotion as well any which ways as you like
- As a facial oil: avocado oil can be used as a facial oil but here you need to add this avocado oil with one of your favorite essential oil and then use it on your facial skin as avocado oil is thick in its consistency
- As a homemade mask: chop avocado fruit add 2 3 drops of avocado oil to it and with the help of the frock smash it as of making a thick paste apply it on your face leave it for 10 15 min and rinse off.
- Avocado can act great but only if it suits your skin so first test the tolerance of your skin and then be a regular user. As it’s high comedogenic rating of 3 it can act reverse for some skin type.
- Pour a little of your homemade oil on the palm of your hand, dab your fingers into the oil, and apply it to your face. You can also use the oil as a hand moisturizer. The oil can last up to a year if you keep the bottle out of the sunlight.
- As a homemade facemask: Cut a ripe avocado into cubes and add a small amount of avocado oil. Use a fork or spoon to mash it into an even paste. Apply the paste to your face and let it set for 10 to 15 minutes. You can wash off the avocado mask with warm water or a face cleanser, depending on your skin type.
- As a natural anti-aging skin cream: Mix 1/4 cup avocado oil with 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 tablespoons beeswax, 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil, and 1 tablespoon Shea butter in a glass jar. Put the jar, without its lid, in a pot filled with about four inches of water. Bring to a simmer. Stir the ingredients as they melt in the jar. Once melted, pour the cream into a smaller jar and let it sit until the mixture hardens. Put the lid on the jar and store the cream in a cool place.