Lavender Oil Is Here For You!
When we think of Lavender oil, a whiff of pleasant vibes passes our mind. It is a multipurpose oil, which means it has the capacity to treat various ailments including anxiety disorders or muscular pain or acne. This oil is a great choice for people who are prone to skin breakouts. Hence, lavender oil is always prescribed by skin experts if you are suffering from any skin damage.
As long as a bottle of this oil is present in your bag, you will always have your savior traveling everywhere with you.
Lavender essential oil is produced from clumps of lavender flowers. Its plant scientifically called as Lavandula angustifolia is evergreen and perennial in nature.
In this article, I will enlighten you about some fast facts as well as some uses of lavender essential oil.
Some Fast Facts About It :
- In some parts of the world, lavender is considered as a weed. This means people are unaware of the numerous uses and benefits of lavender and its essential oil. Poor ignorant souls!
- Romans were the ones who introduced the uses and benefits of lavender essential oil. They were first known to use it in their baths and for cooking as well.
- The fragrance of this essential oil is very pleasing to humans. But it acts as an amazing bug- repellent as bugs hate the smell of lavender essential oil.
- You will be surprised to know that the lavender plant is a part of the mint family.
- Ancient Egyptians used lavender essential oil as a perfume to apply on the mummy corpses!
- This oil was the most preferred oil of Queen Victoria. Lavender tea used to be her favorite tea.
- Lavender essential oil symbolizes calmness and peace due to its pleasant aroma and soothing properties.
Uses of This Amazing Oil :
For Cuts and Wounds :
Put a few drops of lavender essential oil directly on the wound. Due to its antiseptic and wound healing properties, the cuts and wounds could be healed without any infections.
For Dandruff :
To get rid of dandruff and other hair damage, lavender oil should be applied to the hair. It can also be mixed with the shampoo while washing your hair to prevent dandruff and hair loss.
Insect Bites :
Its antimicrobial and soothing properties can cure the itch and redness due to a bee or an insect sting. You just need to put a few drops of it on the affected area. You will experience a reduction in itch in a few minutes.
Sores and Burns :
It is a natural soother. When applied directly to the sores or burns or with a carrier oil, it can cool the burning sensation and give you relief.
Calming Agent :
One whiff of lavender essential oil can soothe the chaos in your mind. Sit back and relax the pleasant scent of this oil as it calms you down in no time!
Eczema and dermatitis can be cured with dedicated use of lavender oil along with a carrier oil.
Dry Lips :
If you have dry and chapped lips, put a few drops of lavender oil on your finger and rub massage it on your lips. It will give the lips their lost moisture and make them soft and smooth again.
If these uses look interesting to you, hurry and treat yourself with a bottle of lavender essential oil right now! It genuinely is a great choice for you!