Argan oil is basically cultivated and produced in Morocco. It is a well-known plant oil which is very effective to treat many kinds of health, skin as well as hair problems.
Argan oil is produced from the fruits of the argan tree which is small but can appear in many different shapes such as round, oval and even conical sometimes.
The roots of the argan tree are deep and firmly grounded to the land and it has short leaves. It is mainly used as an ingredient in the foods of Moroccan people. Argan oil is considered to be one of the rarest oil in the world. It contains a very limited growing area that’s why the supply of argan oil throughout the world is low as well as expensive.
- There are two methods of extracting argan fruit’s peel for the oil.
- Firstly they dry up the argan oil in the open sunlight.
- After drying it will be easy for the labors to remove the fleshy pulp and the peels are removed by hand.
- Some of the traditional methods of Morocco allows the goats to climb the tree and eat the fruit.
- The kernels are later collected from the goat droppings. This way is considered as less labor involved and fewer expenses involved.
- The next stage of extraction in the process by which the peels are removed by hand involves cracking the argan nut to obtain the kernels.
- After getting the kernels the labors roast the argan nut and obtains the oil which is widely used for the culinary purpose in Morocco as well as worldwide.
The extraction process does not involve any machine each and every stage is done by the workers by themselves thus the argan oil is pure and costly.
Main Components Of Argan Oil Which Makes It So Effective:
Argan oil has a unique and very rich composition. It is suitable for every skin and every skin tone. Even after applying it won’t leave a greasy film
- Vitamin E: Argan oil is rich in vitamin E. Argan oil is known for being an anti-aging formula because of Vitamin E. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant which will help you to slow down your aging process. This vitamin is very important that it will protect you from the harsh environmental condition.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants helps in preventing skin damage and it helps to repair your damaged skin. Antioxidants help you to attain a healthy glow on your skin. In argan oil ferulic acid which is a highly valued antioxidant is present which helps to prevent your skin from damages caused by the sun.
- Fatty Acids: Fatty acids which are present in the argan oil are listed below:
- Oleic acid- 42%
- Linoleic acid-36%
- Palmitic acid- 12.0%
- Stearic acid- 6.0%
- Linolenic acid- less than 0.5%
- Fatty acids are used for skin treatments. They have a vital role to play in prostaglandin formation in your body.
- Polyphenols: They help in repairing your skin. They help in neutralizing free radicals of your skin. They are often used in anti-acne cream because of their anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-allergic properties.
- Sterols: Sterols are unique content about argan oil. They are only present in argan oil and not in any other oil. They are very effective in reducing wrinkles and helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin as well as collagen of the skin. Sterols help argan oil to penetrate easily into your skin. This is also useful in maintaining the moisture level of your skin.
Benefits Of Argan Oil:
- It helps to protect your skin from the harsh environment. Argan oil helps your skin to protect your skin from sun damage.
- Argan oil is one of the very good natural moisturizers. It helps your skin to retain its moisturizer and this will lead your skin to protect it from dry skin and skin damage which is caused because of dehydration and dry skin.
- Argan oil is also very well known for treating acne as it helps in reducing the production of sebum.
- It helps to heal skin infections, minor wound, small burns, etc.
- Anti-aging is one of the well-known benefits of argan oil which is so famous among people.
- For shiny, silky, healthy hair choosing argan oil will be one of the best decision.
- Not only the skin but also argan oil can also moisture your scalp and help to reduce dandruff.
- It also helps you to attain beautiful and strong nails.
Where Can You Buy Argan Oil?
Argan oil is pretty costly. When you buy argan oil from a general store make sure that you don’t buy a low quality and cheap one.
If you want to buy argan oil for cooking, check the smell of argan oil before buying. If it has a little sweet smell it is made for cooking.
Whereas if you want to buy argan oil for your skin, hair and health treatment, the argan oil which you buy should have a pungent smell. Pungent smell indicates its purity.